- Duration: 5 Weeks + BONUS Saturday Field Trip
- Price: $250.00
This 5-week course will be the first essential step students will take on their photographic journey. Over the 5 weeks, students will learn how to navigate their digital camera, never having to rely on automatic mode ever again. The end result being, students will be able to confidently take photos using professional (M, AV, TV, P) mode, which will help them to ultimately produce a better photo. Students will be provided with notes on a week-to-week basis, but are encouraged to take notes of their own. Instructors will be available after class to answer any questions students might have concerning that weeks’ lesson. Our instructors are there to make sure that students get the very best tuition in their pursuit of photographic knowledge.
What you will need:
- Fully charged DSLR camera
- Memory card
- User Manual
- Notepad and pen
This course also includes a 3-hour field trip, which will give students the opportunity to practise their newly developed skills in the field, as well as learn some new ones. Additional instructors will be provided on the day to assist with any difficulties students might encounter.
PLEASE NOTE: This course also includes a 3-hour field trip, which will give students the opportunity to practise their newly developed skills in the field, as well as learn some new ones. Additional instructors will be provided on the day to assist with any difficulties students might encounter.
- You will be able to navigate your camera more confidently and change settings without the worry of being unable to change them back
- You will learn how to hold your camera correctly and the stance professional photographers use to get the optimum result from their photo taking.
- You will learn the importance of camera maintenance and how to properly care for your camera, including how to clean and safely change your lenses.
- You will learn how to format your camera’s memory card and the “why?” behind it.
- You will be shown the difference between automatic and manual mode. They will compare images taken in both automatic and manual mode and will learn why creative modes (M, AV, TV, P) produce a better result.
- You will be given a method of focussing that some will never learn.
- You will learn what makes a good print and how and where you can get it.