- Duration: 5 Days + BONUS Night Photography Shoot.
- Price: $250.00
This 5 week course is the second step students will take towards mastering their photography and becoming an intermediate photographer. The information provided in this course will expand on concepts already learnt in Photography 101, as well as teaching students new skills that will prepare them for the challenges they will face if they want to become a professional photographer. Students will be provided with notes on a week-to-week basis, but are encouraged to take notes of their own. Instructors will be available after class to answer any questions students might have concerning that weeks’ lesson. Our instructors are there to make sure that students get the very best tuition in their pursuit of photographic knowledge.
What you will need:
- Fully charged DSLR camera
- Memory card
- User Manual
- Notepad and pen
Photography 102 will give students the ability to shoot at 100 ISO, in complete darkness, to produce an impressive result. To achieve this skill, Photography 102 provides a practical night photography shoot, which is made especially fun when the instructors demonstrate methods of painting with light using a simple household torch.
PLEASE NOTE: Students will be given information on the night shoot during the lesson they have a week prior to the scheduled date.
- You will revise what you learnt in Photography 101.
- You will learn how to critique images, and in doing so, the instructor will give insight into how to avoid making the same mistakes or how to achieve the same results.
- You will learn how to plan your photoshoot and work your plan.
- You will learn the camera settings required on a night shoot and get to practise using those settings at the night shoot. NOTE: On the night shoot, you will need a steady tripod, a shutter release cable, and a torch.
- You will learn about custom white balance and why you need to know about it.
- You will learn about the different types of lenses and their application, which depends on what you are photographing and the environment you are photographing in.
- You will learn how artificial light can be controlled using the Inverse Square Law.
- You will learn how to copy photos by using your camera for a better result.
- You will learn about flash and how to control the common problems that occur when using it i.e. reflection, redeye, shadows, overexposure, etc